About John F. Butts
John F. Butts is a structural engineering consultant with extensive experience in industrial, commercial and residential projects. He has authored several structural manuals and computer programs for the design of light-gauge metal shapes and structures, and has specialized in light-gauge (cold formed) design nationally and internationally since 1985. His specialty is the design and analysis of cold-formed light-gauge structural shapes, using either steel or aluminum material. Additionally, he has designed hundreds of light-gauge Roof Systems including low cost housing projects, commercial and residential trusses, arch structures and retro-fit roof systems.
John Butts is registered in the following states:
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- Light Gage Steel Engineer's Association - now CFSEI
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Associate Member of LGSEA
- Truss Committee and General Provisions Committee of AISI
- 1982-Present: President, John F. Butts & Associates, Inc.
- 1983-1987: Principal, Civil Design Group (concurrent with JFBA)
- 1973-1981: Manager, Engineering and Estimating; The Industrial Company of Steamboat Springs, Inc.
- 1971-1973: Engineer; Nelson, Haley, Patterson and Quirk
- University of Colorado, B. S., Architectural Engineering
- Mohawk Valley Community College, A.A.S.